The French Open for this year has been abandoned by Rafael Nadal

Tennis legend Rafael Nadal announced his withdrawal from the French Open on Thursday, months after suffering a hip ailment.

The competition is scheduled to start on Monday and go through June 11 at the Roland-Garros stadium in Paris.

At a news conference at his tennis camp in Mallorca, Spain, Nadal, 36, said that he would not be able to compete in Roland-Garros. “As you know, during the past four months, I even worked as hard as I could every day.

In the second set of his encounter against Mackenzie McDonald at the Australian Open in January, Rafael Nadal suffered a hip injury.

Because we were unable to resolve the issue I was experiencing in Australia, he said, “These have been really challenging months. As a result, I still find it difficult to feel like myself and am not prepared to compete at the level I need to be in order to play at Roland-Garros.

With 22 men’s singles Grand Slam victories, including victories at 14 French Opens, two Australian Opens, four U.S. Opens, and two Wimbledons, Nadal is tied with Novak Djokovic for the most men’s singles Grand Slam trophies in the history of the sport. Nadal has been playing professionally for 22 years.

He stated that he is unable to predict whether this will be his final competition before retiring.

I’d rather not say one thing and do another. It’s better to keep your options open and determine the greatest schedule you can find, he advised.

Nadal canceled appearances in Rome, Madrid, and Monte Carlo earlier this year. He did, nonetheless, state on Thursday that he would still prefer to compete in the Olympics, which will be hosted in Paris in the next summer.

Leave a Reply